Why Do a Maternity Session? - 7 Reasons to Schedule a Maternity Session
Oct 7, 2020 | By: Camille CD Photography
Growing a person inside of you is a miracle! This time is one to celebrate and commemorate. You should remember this time always.
Here are 7 reasons you should have a maternity session:
1. To remember what it was like to be pregnant. The moment your baby is born, that feeling floats away. As your sweet child grows and flourishes, there will be times you want to remember how their first movements felt inside your growing belly. A maternity portrait session gives you the opportunity to vividly relive that time through photos.
2. To capture the love between you and your partner. This is the perfect time to capture the love that created your bundle of joy, and the beginning or continuation of your parenting journey together.
3. So you can show your child what you looked like while carrying them. In a few years, your darling dear will be asking about where they came from. Make the most of this time, and show them a beautiful album of you (and them!) when they were growing inside you. Show them how happy and gorgeous you looked.
4. For yourself! Take the day off. Spoil yourself! Get a fresh manicure, have your hair and makeup done, and maybe even schedule a date night with your partner after your session.
5. As a creative outlet. Do some research in my galleries to see what you like. Do you love white space? Do you want a classic backdrop? Do you love soft, sheer curtains? Do you want your partner, or your baby’s older siblings in your photographs? Would you like beautiful and tasteful nude maternity portraits? Or are lovely sheer garments or flowing gowns what you wish to wear? Your maternity portraits will be fine art to be cherished forever
6. To capture the anticipation and the mother-to-be twinkle in your eyes. Natural, warm smiles. Laughter when a sibling holds and kisses your belly! The excitement of new life is almost palpable through the images captured during a maternity session.
7. This time is once in a lifetime. Once this time is gone, it floats away forever. You will only experience this pregnancy once. You will want to look back on this time with this child, and celebrate this once in a lifetime experience.
If you are interested in booking a maternity photo session that will beautifully document your parenting journey, contact me as soon as possible. My photography studio is located in the Upper West Side of Manhattan and my clients travel from NYC, New Jersey and Connecticut to create timeless memories of their family.