What’s going on in your photographer’s mind after your portrait session?
Jun 3, 2019
Have you ever wondered what’s going on in your photographer’s mind after your portrait session? A lot! Insight from a NYC newborn, baby and motherhood photographer
Right after the session:
- This session really was a workout
- These people were so nice!
- I really need to remember to turn off all the equipment
- OMG the studio is a mess
- I should clean up the studio
- My back hurts – I will clean up later
- Let’s upload and back up the images right now!
- I am going to start to go through JUST the first pictures
- Lightroom is so slow to charge
- The choice will be overwhelming
- Just five more minutes and then I will reply to all these urgent emails
- 20 minutes later: I need to reply to those emails
- I am starting to feel really weak: I really need to eat something
While culling the images (aka choosing the best ones):
- This baby is so cute (for newborn and baby photo sessions)
- This mommy and me session was the best session of my life – being a parent is so amazing!
- I want another baby (I need to think about all that homework again and this thought will go away fast)
- I have too many images
- I do not have enough good images
- I have exactly what I need
- Is this white perfectly white?
- What is the best technique to achieve this?
- I should really watch the 20 hours of the class on Photoshop that I bought 4 years ago
- I don’t have 20 hours right now
- Let’s google Photoshop + (whatever, you name it) for a quick fix
- I cannot believe the diversity of people this job allows me to meet
- The light on this image is too harsh (after shooting in Central Park during the middle of the day)
- The light on this image is so incredible (after shooting in Central Park at golden hour)
- It is so much fun to bring your artistic vision to life
- My eyes cannot see properly anymore, I need another cup of tea
- I cry while looking at other people's images, am I normal? Is it Ed Sheeran’s song? Maybe I should just listen to Taylor Swift! I think it’s not the music. No, it just that this family’s love moves me so much! Am I normal? Probably not, but who cares? (lol)
- Is this PERFECT? Yes, I think I have got this, it’s PERFECT – let’s order the proofs!
That’s just a sample of what I am thinking! If you are another creative person, a photographer or a client interested in knowing more, feel free to reach out to me. I love sharing ideas, discussing life, love and motherhood (amongst other things)!
My photography studio is located in the Upper West Side (Manhattan, NYC) and is always a good place to find me if you want to discuss motherhood, life, photography and Ed Sheeran!