What you wear for your portrait session has an essential role in the overall feeling of your portraits.
Neutral and soft colors like white, ivory, beige, gray, light pink, and light blue are always a win. They are flattering for all skin tones and match all interiors (great if you want frames for your wall).
Here is a selection of outfit ideas that photograph beautifully and create a timeless feel.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission.
FOREVER 21 SALE!
FAVORITES FOR MOMS
Favorite Fall Dresses
Favorite Timeless Dresses
Favorite Maternity Dresses
FAMILY OUTFITS INSPIRATION
Fall & Winter Dresses 2020
Timeless Maternity Dresses
Timeless Women & Moms Dresses
Babies & Sitters
Here are a few criteria to take into consideration when choosing your session clothing:
- What outfit do you feel beautiful and comfortable in?
- Will you wear one outfit or several ones at your session?
- Where will your session take place (studio, home, beach, field, etc.)
- What type of session are you planning (maternity, newborn, baby, family, etc.)
- What overall feeling do you want for your portraits? (classic, floral, whimsical, organic, romantic, colorful, moody, etc.)
- Do you have features that you want to show off/put in evidence or cover up?
- Do you need to coordinate the outfits for several people?
- What do you plan to do with your photos?
Our studio & Client Closet
The studio portrait experience includes styling services and access to a classic client closet for moms and babies. During the consultation to prepare your session, Camille will discuss with you your taste and the style, cuts, and colors that complement you. Based on that, you can choose to borrow a gorgeous dress from our closet, or if you prefer, to wear your outfit. In the latter case, Camille will make personalized styling recommendations and create inspiration boards specifically for your family.
If you are interested in booking your portrait session, contact the studio here.