What you wear for your portrait session has an essential role in the overall feeling of your portraits.
Neutral and soft colors like white, ivory, beige, gray, light pink, and light blue are always a win. They are flattering for all skin tones and match all interiors (great if you want frames for your wall).
Here is a selection of outfit ideas that photograph beautifully and create a timeless feel.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission.
FAVORITES FOR MOMS
Favorite Maternity Dresses
FAMILY MOOD BOARDS
Family - Romantic & Blush
Family - Chic & Classic Creams
Family - Delicate & Earthy Tones
Family - Soft & Sophisticated Bleus
Family - Pastel & Neutral Boho
Moms & Expecting Moms
Babies & Sitters
Girls & Toddler Girls
Boys & Toddler Boys
Style Boards Inspiration
Here are a few criteria to take into consideration when choosing your session clothing:
- What outfit do you feel beautiful and comfortable in?
- Will you wear one outfit or several ones at your session?
- Where will your session take place (studio, home, beach, field, etc.)
- What type of session are you planning (maternity, newborn, baby, family, etc.)
- What overall feeling do you want for your portraits? (classic, floral, whimsical, organic, romantic, colorful, moody, etc.)
- Do you have features that you want to show off/put in evidence or cover up?
- Do you need to coordinate the outfits for several people?
- What do you plan to do with your photos?
Option 1 - Romantic & Blush Tones
Option 2 - Chic & Classic Creams
Option 3 - Delicate & Earthy Tones
Option 4 - Soft & Sophisticated Blues
Option 5 - Pastel & Neutral Boho
Our studio & Client Closet
The studio portrait experience includes styling services and access to a classic client closet for moms and babies. During the consultation to prepare your session, Camille will discuss with you your taste and the style, cuts, and colors that complement you. Based on that, you can choose to borrow a gorgeous dress from our closet, or if you prefer, to wear your outfit. In the latter case, Camille will make personalized styling recommendations and create inspiration boards specifically for your family.
The clothing in the portraits below are available to all our studio clients:
If you are interested in booking your portrait session, contact the studio here.